Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Introduction

Welcome to The Song of Redemption: A Warhammer 40,000 Dark Angels Blog.

I've been part of the Games Workshop Hobby for around 11 years now, back when W40k was still in Third Edition, the Tau weren't yet called an empire, the threat of Necrontyr was a figment of nightmare, and even the Inquisition and it's dedicated forces were only usable with homemade rules.

My first army was the Black Templars, back when the rules were from Codex: Armageddon and needed a copy of Codex: Space Marines to actually use. I played them for a couple years and realizing I simply couldn't win a game, I sought out a new army with which to find glory on the field. This, of course, lead me down the path of Chaos, a path on which I was more than fairly successful—as though to affirm I had the right idea!

I put all of that, and the vast majority of the hobby, aside when I went to college 4 years ago.  I still followed the hobby regularly, watching as Fourth Edition became Fifth Edition, Finecast was introduced, and new ways of painting and modeling were created by GW.  I briefly dipped my toe in the water a couple of years ago, trying to revamp that Chaos army while I recovered from knee surgery, but it never got off the ground.

Now that I have graduated, and an entirely new Edition of the rules has been released, I have decided to truly make a comeback into the hobby.  I sold my Chaos Space Marines to fund what you will see here in the days, months, and years to come.  My hope is to build a fully functional Dark Angels army and play regularly again.

That's why I started this blog.  As an amateur writer, it will give me an opportunity to hone my craft as I describe what I'm doing, and as a seasoned hobbyist it gives me a sense of accountability to finish the piles of plastic that are already starting to build up on my desk.

On this blog you will find posts for each of the units I add to the army, battle reports, discussions of my thoughts on tactics, the hobby, etc. and most significantly for me, fiction based around the 3rd Company of the Dark Angels under Company Master Nathanael and their search for redemption in the eyes of the Emperor.

I hope you enjoy what will come, and maybe some day I will meet you in the field, and we will cross blades, and glory and honor will be decided in blood.

For the Emperor and the Lion!

No comments:

Post a Comment